...This post was so new it wasn't even updated on my sidebar yet (I just clicked to see the refinery/temple picture again) and I STILL wasn't the first commenter!!! You're good Julie.
Last week Scott overheard the First Lady worrying about not having a background music group for the Holiday Open House at the Governor's Mansion on Wednesday. Scott volunteered my flute quartet to play for the evening.
Two of our members couldn't be there, so my sister Heather and my friend Cameron subbed for us. We had a great time.
The Governor's Mansion was absolutely beautiful and the peeps generously complimented our music. The chocolate buffet upstairs was pretty incredible -- fountains and fruit sculptures and amazing decorations.
Maybe we'll get to play again sometime.
Thanks to Scott for the gig and to Heather and Cameron for playing.
Mary, I like your comment about getting volunteered. We have a phrase at work for when someone signs their spouse up for something - "voluntelling." :)
You both look like you belong there!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! I LOVE that dress Mary... ;)
ReplyDeleteWas it a fun party?
...This post was so new it wasn't even updated on my sidebar yet (I just clicked to see the refinery/temple picture again) and I STILL wasn't the first commenter!!! You're good Julie.
ReplyDeleteThose aren't even cardboard cutouts! Cool...
ReplyDeleteLast week Scott overheard the First Lady worrying about not having a background music group for the Holiday Open House at the Governor's Mansion on Wednesday. Scott volunteered my flute quartet to play for the evening.
ReplyDeleteTwo of our members couldn't be there, so my sister Heather and my friend Cameron subbed for us.
We had a great time.
The Governor's Mansion was absolutely beautiful and the peeps generously complimented our music.
The chocolate buffet upstairs was pretty incredible -- fountains and fruit sculptures and amazing decorations.
Maybe we'll get to play again sometime.
Thanks to Scott for the gig and to Heather and Cameron for playing.
You guys are famous....
ReplyDeletehook me up.
Wow. Just plain old wow.
ReplyDeleteMary, I like your comment about getting volunteered. We have a phrase at work for when someone signs their spouse up for something - "voluntelling." :)
ReplyDeleteI used to play hide and seek in the mansion in college. Nothing like hiding under the governor's bed for 45 min!!
ReplyDeleteMary, my Bro -in-law still talks about how much he liked your music at his wedding. You've got some serious skills.
hopefully the christmas tree won't explode again. You look so pretty, Mary.
ReplyDelete