Sunday, September 13, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Mary and I aren't much for spontaneity. Last minute plans usually make us a little queasy. When David called and asked if we wanted to spend a night at Willard Bay Campground, the proximity shot most of the emotional barriers.

So off we went to the mosquito breeding capital of the county to make sure those poor little pests had enough food for the winter. I'd saved up extra blood just to make sure they'd have enough.

Here's the thing about camping with David: he plans everything and does all the work. He did the shopping - he set up camp - he brought mosquito foggers - he even brought a portable shelter. Is it any wonder that by the next morning the guy was exhausted.

(Thanks Dave)


Willard Bay - Por do sol





Badminton







Tossing the old pigskin






Hobo Dinners







Breakfast was:
Cereal





Bananas




Cocoa



and cookies. Wait - who gave them cookies?



I can't smile until I've had a cup of joe



That's closer



Then after a short drive in the pick up truck,






we played on the beach.



























































mingled with a little creative body art






Poor David




09-06-09 Labor Day Camping



9 comments:

  1. I love it!!
    I like the picture of Anna looking bossy to the three kids on the raft and the next picture is of her sitting on the raft too. Haha.

    Thanks for all the fun, David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Nobody freak out -- Janie wasn't on the pickup when it was moving :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! Thanks for taking pictures...they're great. I'm going to steal some if that's okay? :)

    I'm so glad you guys decided to come. Last minute vacations are the best....you only have to worry and stress about them for a day rather than a month or two.

    I managed to make it home with only ONE bite. David didn't get any...he has some sort of understanding with the mosquitoes. He also has an agreement with the sun as he doesn't wear sunblock either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I'm glad you took pictures, since...

    And let me just give some credit to JP too, who killed all of the wasps hives in the picnic tables before anyone arrived. He did it with only minimal injuries too!

    Fun trip! WE are still scratching all of our mosquito bites tho. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott, you and I need to have a talk about what is and isn't a flattering picture of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing all those great pictures of the cousins(they are hard to beat), but I think my favorite in this batch was the one of those gorgeous sisters Mary Ella and Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Scott...the rugged Navy Seal look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen David's head appear to be small...nice shot of him with the football!

    ReplyDelete