There is something I think everyone should realize about my sister Anna. She is an amazing person that does incredible things, she's also very bright and has without fail stunned me with her perception. This however, can cause some problems as there are some things she should have told me but didn't.
This event highlights this:
A few years ago when Thomas was (unknowingly) about to be born the family gathered around and announced the news. We were having child number five and that it was a boy. There was quite a lot of shock for everyone, the only one that wasn't surprised or shocked in any way shape or form was Anna, who didn't even bat an eyelash. She just smiled and said 'yeah I knew that.' She has proceeded to do that with every child that has joined the Wolford family, except every time after that everyone seems to know before the announcement. Except me :)
So if you didn't hear the news yet here's the spoiler. Child number 8 is joining the Wolford family and as per usual I'm the last person that realizes it. When I first read the news I though Tommy was messing with me, as his email went something like this. "My first week of school went well, oh and mom's having a baby". I was a little put off, that wasn't news I had been expecting (did you catch the pun?). But I'm excited and I hope that everyone has placed a reasonable sum of money over which gender the baby will be.
Anyways this week has been interesting. Elder Arnolds of the Seventy came and gave a mission tour (basically a fireside for missionaries) which was awesome. For me. My companion had to go to a special conference with Elder Arnolds as he is the District Leader for our area. So while I was doing a book of Mormon read with everyone else waiting to meet Elder Arnolds he was already getting some much needed council from the Seventy. I get in there and he's sweating, I ask him if he's ok and he replies simply "He's intense man, he's intense."
So that was fun.
Canada has a lot of different people. Today we met with a sister in our branch from England who had invited a non-member friend who was from South Korea. It was an interesting chat, especially when you have to translate from two different dialects of English in your head very quickly. It took a bit but when the sister bore her testimony the Spirit descended like a cloud. It's a firm reminder that if you love the gospel and you have love for someone you'll share it with them because you love them. The sister in our branch is a prime example and I'm so glad she could be in our branch (and not only because she got us an appointment).
Once again I'll answer some questions that may or may not seem out of context for some but I hope that others will provide some light.
1 No I wouldn't mind death by glitter, I think that's a very noble way to die.
2. If you can believe it I have not had mac and cheese yet. Nor doughnuts, nor moosemeat, although I do want to try the latter.
3. I do not believe that the child will be a pterodactyl although if it is then I'll definitely pray for mother.
4. I've sang the national anthem of Canada once and enjoyed it, although there isn't much of an opportunity for their to be guitar solos in is as there is in the American anthem.
If those answers make any sense to you that's good, because looking at them makes me happy I know the questions. Once again I'd like to thank everyone both friends and family for sending their support, love and comments to me. It's a blessing to see you all through the lens of a mission and I hope and pray for your continued safety and security in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Elder Wolford.
No comments:
Post a Comment