A leg of the Tour of Utah ran in Junction City on August 10th.
They rode from 25th and Grant, north to North Ogden, over the North Ogden Divide, around Pineview Reservoir, down Ogden Canyon, and back to downtown Ogden.
Then they did the same loop two more times.
Professional cyclists are amazing. Many of the riders in the Utah event are fresh off the Tour de France. It's pretty neat to attract such high-caliber athletes to Utah.
This picture is my favorite - apparently not enough cup holders on his bike.
Second favorite - roadside assistance crew. It's hard to look cool when you are riding two guys on a motorcycle carrying extra bicycle wheels.
This guy was so fast they had to give him a handicap. Like Anna fast
Did you see me? I was the guy on the collapsible bike. At least it was collapsible after I got through with it...
ReplyDeleteVery cool event, and look at all those sutekki sunglasses (sutekki is waycool in Japanese).
OPA
Sadly - they did not do a "Debbie Thacker impact study" on this event before unleashing it on Ogden. The 400 drivers stuck for 45 minutes on 12th street between Monroe and Harrison - all called me.
ReplyDeleteAwesome pics tho.
I was so sad that I was out of town for the Tour of Utah. Usually I go to the downtown SLC leg of the race. I did watch every single day of the Tour of France. Even the TDF winner, Cadel Evans came to Utah!
ReplyDelete