I prefer still photography, but there are some events that seem nice to have a little video. Video takes up a ton of space on the computer, and I don't have any software, nor the time or inclination, to do video editing right now. So do I shoot video at the expense of stills?
I had decided at this latest piano recital to only do stills. Ellie, played a delightful rendition of Tango Staccato which you will just have to imagine. This photograph proves that she played flawlessly with excellent interpretation and perfect technique.
The pressure coming from the army of parents with camcorders was overwhelming, and I quickly succumbed to the siren's song of videography.
Steven played the pirates
Anna played the Piano Man
and Becca played Wallace and Gromit
I really enjoy this recital because the kids dress up in the theme of the piece they are performing. They don't announce the piece; there's a quiz to see if the audience can figure it out. And it was a packed house.
The kids also tell a joke before they play. The rules are: no off-color jokes (implemented following a close call by Lucas Deru last year) and everyone has to laugh at every joke.
Aaaw I love this! It makes me miss being a piano teacher. Where did you find the Wallace and Grommit sheet music??
ReplyDeleteI wish I could play piano!! I'm so jealous!! Great Job!!
ReplyDelete