Sunday, September 2, 2012

She Said "Dad" Eleven Months Ago



Poor Mary.

I really can't remember how long ago Mimi started saying "Dad." She says: food, shoes, puppy, bath, buh-buh (?), and a handful of other noises that may or may not be words. What she doesn't say is "Momma."

Today Mary decided that she had had enough. With a handful of M&Ms, she tried to bait our daughter into saying Momma. It took a really, really long time, but eventually some limited success. I found the whole thing to be a bit on the mean side.

"Just give her the candy," I kept saying. "She thinks you're just saying your name. Look how confused she is."

  If the roles were reversed, I would probably be far more interested in teaching her to say something that would lead the shoppers at the Walmart to question what type of upbringing she had been exposed to.

You can't really hear her say "Momma" at the end of this video, but Mary insists it's there.


(For those of you thinking it - yes, she is sporting the three-tooth grin.)


3 comments:

  1. So, so, so cute! She may not say it, but I know she's thinking it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Notice that she only said it after Oma asked her to...

      Delete