Sunday, November 17, 2013

First Snowman - Winter 2013

We've had a delightfully long, pleasant autumn this year. We're well into November and most days the temperatures have been downright balmy. The downside to pleasant autumns is that at some point you just would like a little snow.

Saturday 11/16 afforded just enough snow to make it seem like it was snowing without all of the downsides of travel in snow.  I headed to class early and the roads were just a little slushy. Imagine my surprise when I got home and 3,4, and 5 had rolled up ALL THE SNOW in the front yard to make a snowman. A little too slushy and a little too wet - nonsense! Undeterred they collected and compiled into one bite-size snowman.



Yes - those are rose bushes with roses still on them in the background




I don't think I want to play - I'll just stay inside where I'm warm in my fancy orange sweat pants.



No comments:

Post a Comment