The new year here in Canada has begun with an exciting plot twist.
A little geography lesson about the area where I'm serving. So me and my fearless companion Elder Cruz serve in a little town called Belleville, which has been previously stated is about halfway from where you are reading this message and the North pole. So it's pretty amazing. Which unfortunately for some of the mountain dwellers in Utah means that we get a little airsick because the altitude is super low.
We call them airsick lowlanders
So I didn't get sick, but a sister from Provo who was, as of a few days ago, was serving in Trenton. (Right next to Belleville, a little farther from the North Pole than us). Got incredibly sick with a bout of whooping cough. So (as they were the only sisters in our zone) the President decided to send her home a month early because she wasn't healing. Which meant that the nearest area, (that's us) would need to temporarily serve as a substitute.
So when I heard this I was very excited to go and serve there because it's a whole new area and Elders haven't been there in years. It's super funny because there haven't been Elders for so long that the members might have forgotten that they still send Elders to places.
So anyways that's what's been happening this week.
My new years resolutions follow as is. (in no prioritized order)
1. Become a consecrated disciple of Christ.
2. Work out hard in the mornings and evenings.
3. learn how to do that one handed clap thingy that everyone seems to be able to do.
4. Study Faith and Repentance every day.
5. Finally get around to improving my reformed Egyptians into normal English handwriting.
Well I'll keep on trying. Thank you all so much for your prayers and your emails. I'm so happy to hear from you and I keep you all in my prayers and I hope and pray that you're being blessed. I know that as we continue to serve the Lord with everything we have we will be blessed. Even and especially when we are weak.
Onward ever onward!
Elder Wolford
No comments:
Post a Comment