So, besides the fact that this week I hit my six month mark nothing really interesting has happened......
Just kidding, you didn't believe that did you?
Anyways as my family has emailed me about nothing else this week I will now eased their troubled hearts. My bestest parents sent me a pizza on bump day after a tiring day of hunger. If I had to quote from the words of one who is much more articulate I would quote: D
But that's not even the best part of the story.
9:50, it's that time of the day for a missionary, I've just finished writing in my journal and am relaxing and having a great time when our landlord calls. (He's a member) "Hey elders there's a pizza delivery guy here for Elder Wolford."
Me: "wow the Macrae's really are sad that I'm leaving." (I'm really quite full of myself)
I go to open the door and meet the guy, our conversation goes something along the lines of this.
Him: Pizza delivery for a Stephen (before you comment he said it with a ph, I could tell)
Me; Yep, that's me.
Him: Well it's from you parents.
Me: Wow all the way from Utah?
Him: (Chuckles) yeah I guess so... Are you a Mormon Missionary?
Me: Yes, yes I am, are you a member?
After talking with him a bit I learn that he used to be a member over seventeen years ago and that he used to be a Branch President. I didn't hand him a book of mormon or a card or even invite him out to a lesson but I did tell him how much he is missed and how we hoped he came back.
I don't believe in coincidences, I know the Lord sets up things so that others can eventually come back into His fold.
In other news I'm getting transferred, to one place that I think most Americans actually know about. I'm going down south to Niagara falls mission. I've heard a lot of good things and my new companion is an Elder I know pretty well so I'm very excited (also very sad) that I'm leaving.
Hear's my ode to Belleville. It's been a blast serving here for the first part of my mission. I've met so many wonderful people that I'll remember forever (some for different reasons than others) and I know that in a small way I've helped the work in Belleville progress and that I've helped it to do that. The first area I've heard is always the hardest to leave. I don't have enough experience to say if that's true or not but I'll get back to all y'all on that later.
I've got a favor to ask, recently I've been asked to give a series of jokes but unfortunately I've got no sense of humor. Please save me by sending your funniest joke....
You're Canada Toronto's only hope
Elder Wolford
No comments:
Post a Comment