This week was zone conference up in Barrie zone in the Newmarket area. Which the GPS told us an hour to get to but planning in traffic bumped it up to about two hours (luckily we foresaw that and left early :)
As it was my last zone conference I was able to bear my testimony as a departing missionary. I got there that morning and realized that this was my time, I was bearing my testimony and I was the oldest person here on the mission. That was a hard truth for me to accept, and the whole meeting I felt like my spirit was being walloped by the spirit from the meeting and nervousness that soon I would be on the plane leaving.
It's a scary thought to me. I've spent the last two years becoming familiar with it. Learning how to talk to people, how to be happy when it's hard. How to develop a testimony of the Savior and the Restoration and how to help others come to understand it.
A fun story this week. My companion and my former companion went to the temple with our recent convert to do proxy baptisms. So my and the Zone Leader Elder Timmins went out to proselytize while they were in there (and fill out a car accident report because he got tailgated right before they got the stake center to meet up with us #don'ttextanddrivekids) We went out, dropped by some former people that they had taught, some potentially interested people and finally, once we were a little flabbergasted that they had been in the temple for so long, we went to drop by another person. A guy named Paul that as soon as he saw us dropped everything and invited us in.
I've served for two years and this has never happened to me.
We talk about him, how he met with the missionaries previously but had since stopped. We talked about what he thought of the Book of Mormon. He has such great faith, and after we left we both admitted to eachother that we could have stayed there all day answering his questions.
Love you all!
Elder Wolford
No comments:
Post a Comment