I'm not actually sure why we're doing this. The reasons that Mary has given me are:
-Everyone is sick of your pictures on the Dixon Blog
-The Wolfords can't see your pictures on the Dixon Blog
-Patti wants you to start a blog
-It's the new status symbol of the successful American family
I'm not sure I whole-heartedly believe any one of those except #1, but to appease my sweet wife, here goes the blog.
As to the content of the blog, it will probably be a lot of photos with an amusing anecdote or two. I will probably post a writing sample and maybe some of my favorite poems with semi-critical interpretations (mostly just what I like about them.) To a great extent it will be an attempt to mimic our contributions to newsletters and family-event notifications. Scandal and intrigue probably won't find a home here.
My goal is to keep any critical writing or impassioned speech off the public domain, so work-related topics, unless they are purely for entertainment value, are out.
Also, in order to free us up to post details about our family and keep personae non gratae from learning things about us, it will be an invite only read. The more readers the better, and please let me know about folks that I should invite. I have thoroughly enjoyed the Facebook experience, keeping tabs with relatives and friends who have scattered themselves around the country, and I hope that this can be a similar medium.
I want to offer a prepology to those who find my writing and humor to be irreverent; I will attempt to keep things on the up and up. Really you all know that my sweet Mary keeps me more in check than I'm able to do myself.
So without further ado, let's begin with a story about Dog Vomit.
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletei'm not sick of your pictures. lets see some!
ReplyDeleteI'm already so excited I can hardly stand it...take 5 is officially my new favorite blog.
ReplyDeleteFYI, I'm not sick of your pictures Scott. In fact, I love them.
ReplyDelete"Scandal and intrigue probably won't find a home here."
ReplyDeleteHad I read this first I would have immediately ceased further reading. Sadly, I have now read all of your posts and will now add you to my evil blog reading habit. Observation: very little of what you post is lacking in scandal and intrigue - bravo!