Saturday, May 22, 2010

Second Fiddle

So we've got this great willow tree in our front yard on the east side. It blossoms for about two weeks every spring with these tiny delicate light pink flowers.





Here's the problem: it blossoms at the exact same time as our magnolia tree. The magnolia has these giant flowers that steal the show.  We literally have people stop in front of our house to look at the tree.







It also blossoms at the same time as the cherry trees. As all the homes in our neighborhood were built on an old cherry orchard, it's pretty hard not to notice the cherry blossoms.





Poor willow tree.

4 comments:

  1. Poor Willow Tree!!! I do feel sorry for it, but I really do always notice the magnolia. I feel so GUILTY!!!

    These pictures are SO LOVELY!!!!!! The picture of the frost on the magnolia is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yard is so beautiful!!! Gorgeous pics...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a magnolia tree!! What a shame they don't bloom at different times.

    Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow on a Magnolia? what is snow? it has been so long I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete