Eight years old has seemed like a good age. We let the girls decide if they want their ears pierced or not.
Ellie turns eight today. Yesterday we took her to the mall to get some new earrings.
She picked out some new studs
And shopped for future earrings that she won't be allowed to wear
"What do you think?" asked Mary.
No way!
And the big moment
And a post piercing interview - you can't hear her very well because of the noisy Newgate Mall complete with train, but I wanted evidence that emotional scarring was kept to a minimum.
And the earrings
And shopping for some new shoes with wheels in the heels. . .
. . . and bling on the toes
Well, if the smile is a way to gauge the success of the earring discussion, I would say Ellie is happy so everyone wins this round! What a beautiful smile. And I have to say I like her choice of earring that she finally picked out as studs! Go Ellie!!!
ReplyDeleteI STILL don't have my ears pierced. It looks like it really hurts. Ellie is the first kid I haven't seen cry. She was pretty brave!
ReplyDeleteNo tears?! She's so tough! Yay for Ellie- I know what I'll get for her birthday next year now. :)
ReplyDeleteThere are no words for how much I love this post! I love that Ellie's smile never left her face. So cute. Suzette was the same way....okay, not really ;)
ReplyDelete