I'm going to end up posting this twice. This is the silent film version.
Mary was sweet enough to order an intervalometer(1) for me. What? You've never heard of an intervalometer(2)? You can't imagine a blog post with the word intervalometer(3) in it more than twice?
An intervalometer(4) hooks into your camera (or I guess could do other unimportant things) and trips the shutter at regular intervals. Mary got me a relatively simple one that does intervals of one second between shots to seven years between shots. I assume the seven-year function is going to end up being less valuable.
Having an intervalometer(5) has opened up the world of time lapse photography. Put the camera on the tripod, hook up the intervalometer(6), and let it rip. We've done a couple of concept videos inspired by Sesame Street:
Kids
and Fruit
While the reality is that the intervalometer(7) is a new gadget that I just want to play with, the excuse is that Easter has a difficult activity set to capture in either still shots or video. Pictures of eggs are fun but not terribly interesting. I've never gone back several years and reminisced about an Easter Egg design.
"Wow, do you remember when I did blue on one side of the Easter egg and yellow on the other side. It had that nice little ring in the middle that was green. That was sure terrific."
While stills are iffy - there's just not quite enough motion to enjoy video either. Coloring eggs is a pretty sedentary activity, and the hunt itself requires a steady cam and still looks like a bad episode of Cops.
So here's our Easter activities compressed down to one little minute. We're going to add some kind of music later, but I figure the "wow" factor on the blog diminishes the further we get away from Easter.
I need one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete$14 on amazon or you can just borrow mine
DeleteThis reminds me a bit of a cartoon I use to watch when I was a little girl called Gumby. Except the kids in your picture are much more interesting!
ReplyDeleteBravo!
ReplyDeleteYes, very SS.