Friday, March 7, 2014

Knick Knacks

I love knick knacks.  If I were to design the perfect house, it would have hundreds of pedestals to display little bits of silliness all over the place. Thankfully Mary keeps me mostly in check. 

The other day a spoon fell in my possession. This wasn't just any spoon. It came from the old Hotel Utah. 





Right before the hotel closed, our stake did an activity where all the youth were able to go to the restaurant in the hotel and have dinner.  I remember nothing of the dinner except it might have included peas as a side. I do remember the fancy plates and silverware stamped with the state seal. 


So a little silver polish and some elbow grease, and I've got a mostly shiny spoon ready for display . . . 





. . . at my office. 


No comments:

Post a Comment