Thursday, August 11, 2016

Letter #2: Sick of the MTC

This is my second and final week at the MTC, and boy am I anxious. There came a point while I was studying that I couldn't take it anymore, me and my companion looked at each other and we both knew what we were going to say "Get us to the field". Although we're happy to be leaving soon it's also kind of sad. This is the only time in our lives we'll get to be missionaries at the MTC (for the foreseeable future anyways) and thinking about that almost makes me want to stay longer... Almost. I've found that little everyday things have become alien to me, I remember going to the field to play some spikeball and a car whizzed by playing some tunes. I couldn't put my finger on it until I paid attention, it was so weird. I've only been here for a very short amount of time and I'm already confused by the world. Crazy right?

I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone for their letters and emails. They are great rays of happiness from day to day and mean a lot to me. It's refreshing to be apart of the loop of normal day to day activities.

As for what I've been doing... This week we have had two TRC's (don't ask me what it stands for because I don't know) A girl who we think is a member and a guy from Japan, who is an investigator recommended by his friends. Going in to teach the girl we were really nervous because another companionship in our district had taught her before and said it was a disaster, but as we taught we took the time to get to know her and she really opened up. The guy from Japan was awesome! He's always so into the lessons and conversations and asks the greatest questions. It's funny because as I help them become converted I find myself become more fully converted. In a talk by Jeffery R. Holland he said that "You are the Lord's investigator. You want your investigators to become converted and He wants you to become converted also." Even in the MTC Elder Holland is making my eyebrows burn a little bit. We did get to hear from Elder Anderson, and the rumor going around right now is that we'll get another Apostle for the devotional this coming Sunday. Keep your fingers crossed.

My companion doesn't know anything about Brandon Sanderson.

I pray that everyone is doing well and that you all are seeing the Lord in your life. I'll stop preaching for now and say that I love you all and am thankful for all that you've done for me.

Your veteran in the MTC, (not like that means much)


Elder Wolford


P.S This (Thursday) is my last P-Day at the MTC, so I'll probably either take a week and a half to email back once I know my P-Day in Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment