Monday, August 22, 2016

Missionary Letter #3 - Arrived in Canada



We Got Rules:


(first off thank you to everyone that sent me an email, I wish I could reply personally to everyone. Just know that I do read what you send and I'm so grateful for it. )


Let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time there was an elder, and the strange thing about him is that he had never before been on a plane... Ever... However this was mitigated at the airport because he had two duffel bags (thanks mom!) that allowed him to have one free hand, which further allowed him to carry one of the sisters suitcases (the elders can take care of themselves). As he was ready to depart on his quest a 'wise'... opinionated older fellow allowed him some brief parting advice before the departure. The first was, just in case, to not eat a meal in case the young lad responded badly. The second was to stay awake and admire the first three hour flight in his life. So as one would imagine the Elder took some of his companions along and got some Cafe Rio, (which he ate half of the burrito and then didn't want the rest, does anyone else do that?) Then, after a long line and files of paperwork, he boarded the plane and set off. Unfortunately there was no one squished between him so he passed out and woke up right before the landed (it was a good nap, not gonna lie).

Then, with his carry on and the excitement of being in a new country, our brave hero went into the Toronto airport, where he waited in lines until he died a natural death.

The End.


How was it? I'm thinking about adding a chorus but I'll need help with the phrasing. Perhaps I'll turn it into a ballad, does anyone know ballads really well?

So this is my first week (applause), and I'm sure there are some questions that need answering from the general populace reading these emails. First off, Canada is not that different from the US, the people just say their 'o's differently and can't carry firearms (which includes pepperspray and a tazer, which I found shocking). Also, my companion is fantastic, his name is Elder McDonald (bahbahbahbahbahI'mlovinit!) who's the greatest trainer I could have asked for. He's quiet but has got a fun side to him, he's also incredibly strong, and knows all the tricks about working out (which maybe will help me keep from gaining a hundred pounds). After the first night when we pulled out blue wax stuff, (don't ask me what it was because I don't know, I washed my hands afterwards just to be safe though) and began trying to get it to stick to the walls. I've taught him a little bit about what I've learned about the yoyo in the brief time I've had it, (which is very little) and he's getting pretty good. He's patient with me and I think together we can have a lot of success here in Belleville.

Question, how many of you knew what poutin was? Shame on you that raised your hands for not telling me of it's glory and majesty. There's a lot of interesting things here. Because this area has such a wide variety of people there's a lot of different stories. Today me and Elder McDonald went to a Thai/Japanese buffet (which was ALL YOU CAN EAT!!!) and had more food than I've ever had before in my life. I think the total was around 47 pieces of sushi and that didn't even include the other food (so much for that maintaining my weight thing :P)

So for now I bid you adieu, because I've literally heard no french while I've been here. Although we did meet some wickens... that was interesting

Anyways, I let you get back to the normal thing that you normal people do.

Loves's and handshakes

Elder Wolford


No comments:

Post a Comment