I'm afraid I've got to ask for forgiveness from you all, I didn't get much time last week because Halloween was kind of a crazy day because we were supposed to be in earlier. Nevertheless let me make up for it here.
I feel I've missed out on the fufu experience. The first week I was here I had some but because the sister who served us was single we had to bring a third male and he didn't like spicy food so she toned it way down for him. It was, however, quite delicious...
...Quite....
As this week is transfers I told my companion that he was leaving and going as a Zone Leader to his next area. He shook his head and laughed but his eyes got big when the Mission President called last night and told him he was going to Hamilton as a Zone Leader. Nailed it. (Hamilton is where Batman was filmed so ever since then I've been calling him Batman (which I guess makes me Boy Wonder... Not sure how I feel about that))
This week we went up to a little city north of Belleville called Cambellford (it's the city where everyone who's old and wants to fish everyday lives) to help out some of the members up there. It was a good day although the highlight is when we were helping out a member on his farm and he pulled open his well. For a while we peered over the edge and looked down into the never ending abyss that was his source of life through the necessity for water. The old farmer in question looked down with us for about a minute of silence, then said something along the lines of:
"Alright if I fall I'll need you to pull me up."
After pondering if me and my companion were strong enough to do it I said seriously:
"Don't fall."
I stun myself with my own wisdom.
He's fine though... we think...
So I've got a favor to ask, among the elders in the Kingston Zone we're having a competition for the best joke. I need help because the only good ones I've got are about a blind man and his dog and another about 'what's red and bad for you teeth'. So I really need help.
Puns do count.
We're about to baptize one of our investigators. The interview is this week and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll follow through. She's super shy so the fact that I will be getting a new companion scares her a little bit. Although she does have a testimony and does want to be baptized I'm so thankful that members of the branch have extended such a warm love and kindness for her or else I don't think she ever would have considered it.
So anyways, life's good, sometimes just for fun I quote Way of Kings (which makes me happy).
It's just for fun. (say it like Nacho Libre)
Elder Wolford
No comments:
Post a Comment