So in Canada (believe it or not) there are no presidents, so instead of presidents day we get something called Family day (No school, no work, stuff like that). Which is why I'm emailing on Tuesday instead of Monday.
In other fantastic news we've had an interesting week. No this begs the question.
Interesting: as in interesting?
Interesting: as in a mental illness?
While perhaps appearance-wise it might be considered the latter we've still had a lot of fun.
Last P-Day we went on a small hike down to Niagara river, the only problem with it being that if you didn't have any traction on your shoes it was just a little bit slippery. So my companion involuntarily slid down 50% of the hike. He's fine, but there was many-a-time where he committed to a russian-jewish-wedding-dance while walking down the trail.
Great story: For the past little while we've been trying to meet with an investigator named Gil. A member has taken Gil under her wing and kind and been bringing her out to church for the past few months. This presents a wonderful opportunity for us, as every missionary knows when a member invites their friend to church and has the lessons within their home the odds of them being baptised are 9001 times greater than if we had contacted them on the streets or at their home.
So we're super pumped to start meeting with her, but unfortunately every time we do something manages to come up.
"Sorry elders we have an activity then so we'll need to reschedule"
"Sorry elders we won't be able to make it to church this week so we'll need to reschedule."
"Sorry elders there's freezing rain and we don't want to die so we'll need to reschedule."
Which are.... reasonably valid concerns. So after a back and forth discussion on how to best teach Gil we decided that we'd just shoot her a longer message describing what we want to teach her.
This was her response:
Yeah I understand what you wrote.
I actually do have a copy of the Book of Mormon and I have started reading it. When I read it it gives me a really good feeling kinda like when you hug your best friend. I feel the same way when I go to church. I feel safe and surrounded by good people and like I can be myself.
Her response brought to mind John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
Miracles happen, now we just need to meet with her mother and clear up some misconceptions #we'renotacult
Email me! I love hearing from you and what's going on in the motherland.
Elder Wolford
No comments:
Post a Comment