While the temperatures fluctuate we stopped by a members home and had dinner. In this branch Sacrament Meeting is only about 45 minutes. Which means only one talk which happened that week to be the member we were eating with. So afterwards we share a spiritual thought with them and I picked Mosiah 4:19 (Elder Holland spends a whole talk on this, which is why I picked it)
In that Sacrament meeting the member gives her talk starting with "The Missionaries were at our house this past week"
This Sacrament meeting was a special one for us, because we got an investigator to come, which meant that we needed to know how she would like it, so when she starts telling a story about us my first reaction was---
RED ALERT ELDER WOLFORD! PAY ATTENTION!
"And they shared a spiritual thought which I thought was very nice, so I wrote a talk about it"
HOORAY!!!
It worked out very well because we had an investigator at church this week for her first time. The talk was wonderful and because of that the investigator had a great time and wants to come back next week.
HOORAY!!!
The moral of the story is that you can never predict what might happen from a small and simple thing. If it's good it can lead to great, which is exactly what happened.
Loves you all, hope you're week is warm and bright
Elder Wolford
steven.wolford@myldsmail.net
No comments:
Post a Comment