I arrived safely in MEXICOOOOO and I HAVE LOVED EVERY WONDERFUL SECOND!!!
The CCM is so beautiful!! there are palm trees every where and neon colored birds! It´s surrounded by three large mountains that have brightly painted houses all stacked up on them. At night you see the houses lit up and it looks like Tangled!
The CCM is surrounded by these HUGE walls. They´re not quite big enough to drown out the constant sound of sirens, cars honking, wild dogs, and (don´t tell my mom) gunshots aaaaaahaha. Regardless, it feels like paradise!!!
Everyone here is so nice even when YOU ACCIDENTALLY SIT ON THE ELDERS SIDE OF THINGS WHICH I DO TOO OFTEN SO AWKWARD DUDE
best food has been the salads and the tortillas and burritos and the WORST FOOD was this warm drink that looked, smelled, and tasted like Pepto Bismal. SOS
My companion is Hermana McGee who´s going to SLC WEST. She´s the sweetest in the whole entire world. We laugh SO HARD TOGETHER. She helps me remember directions to all the buildings, AND I say words of encouragement through the door of the bathroom as she´s throwing up... -- we make a great team!!!!
Please pray for Hermana McGee though! 1. because she´s been sick and on bed rest this week and 2. because she has to put up with me hehehhe
I LOVE being a missionary! We talk a lot about how on our missionary plaques there are two names - our family name and Jesus Christ. We give up our first name for 18 months to go out and serve the Lord.
I am SO HAPPY HERE I JUST CRY FROM JOY! Once when it started raining and i got to wear my rain boots and pink rain coat and another time when for dinner we ate costco hotdogs i SHED A tEAR
there are so many real blessings of being a missionary!
- I wake up and immediately jump out of bed (FAMILY--I KNOW ITS SO NOT LIKE ME)
- I am literally smiling all the time (its ALMOST CREEPY)
- my SKIN HAS NEVER BEEN CLEARER (BLESSED)
- and most importantly I am learning so much more about this beautiful gospel!!
I love my Savior and am so humbled that I get to represent him for 18 months. I´ve grown so much closer to Him and I look forward to becoming more and more like Him every day!!
do me a favor and do something nice for somebody today! you´ll feel good and they´ll feel good and we´ll all feel good LIFE IS GOOD
please send me emails! i can read them all week but have only a very short time to respond! if i didn´t send ya one I¨LL CAtCH YOU NEXT WEEK I SWEAR
con todo mi amor,
Hna Anna Wolford
| anna.wolford@myldsmail.net | |
Texas Fort Worth Mission
México Missionary Training Center
Carretera Tenayuca-Chalmita #828
Gustavo A. Madero
Colonia Zona Escolar
07230 Mexico City, Distrito Federal Mexico
Texas Fort Worth Mission
1331 Airport Fwy Ste 305
Euless, TX 76040-4150





No comments:
Post a Comment