Thursday, September 27, 2018

Missionary Letter #95 - Spanish Gaffe

hollaaaaaa from mexicooooooo!!

today we went to the Mexico City Temple for the second and last time. The celestial room and sealing rooms are unlike any other Ive ever seen! so special.

I live in casa 6 room number 3 with my comp Hermana McGee from Arizona
(who is feeling much better thank you all for the prayers and kind words for her! in fact she´s doing SO much better that she CREAMED us at basketball despite her illness lol)
theres also Hermana Lindley from Indiana
(she is literally the most funny human on the planet and her and i get along SO WELL we share clothes and laugh so hard we practically get our exercise in for the day)
 and also Hermana Flake from a small town in central Utah that nobody has ever heard of (if we could place bets on who is making it to the celestial kingdom I WOULD PUT MY MONEY ON HER)

the elders in my district are TOO PURE FOR THIS WORLD: they are adorable and so precious. we call them "the sons we never had" but I don´t know if they like that so much ahahaha.

Im learning SO MUCH here. I feel like I´m reading the book of mormon for the first time. I just get SO much out of it with every verse. I love LOVE the Spirit here.

My spanish is coming along very slowly but surely! hermano madin (one of my teachers) told me the other day that i sound like a latino and i told him i was mega super offended he said i sounded like a latino aka a dude and not like a latina and he thought that was pretty gosh darn funny.

SO THE SUBJECT LINE
the other day hermana mcgee and I were teaching our investigator Daniel about God. I was going to say either "Dios (God) nos (us) ama (loves)" "God loves us, right? but i was also going to say "Dios (God) le (you) ama (loves)" which means "God loves you". BUT INSTEAD I SAID, "Dios no le ama" which translates to "God doesn´t love you". and Daniel was like, "¿¿Qué??" and STILL NOT REALIZING MY MISTAKE I smiled sweetly and said, "Si es verdadera´" and my poor companion was like, "no hermana wolford no" hhahahahahahah

luckily it was just my instructor hermano martinez and not a REAL investigator haha. sos.

OH and thank you so much uncle tom and aunt kristy (i think you guys read the blog?) for your sweet package!! it made my day, my hermanas´day, and especially the elders in my districts´day haha!!! thank youuuu!!!!

anyways!!! i love you all send loads of emails you make my week!

God loves you be good!!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment