Monday, June 29, 2009

Scout Camp Nature Pics

I debated taking the camera to scout camp. One the one hand, I was hopeful to get some practice at taking nature pictures. On the other hand the chance of ending up with a broken and/or water-soaked camera didn't seem worth it.

I ended up taking it, and I'm glad I did.

Scout camp will be good for a couple of posts at least - this one is just some of the nature pictures I was happiest with.


This is the extremely rare birdus robinus only found in the high mountains of Idaho.





Also rare, the flowerus yellowus is found growing on the northern slopes of hills occupied by toileticus non-flushicus.






This little guy taunted me all week long. When I had the camera out, he wasn't around. As soon as I got the camera, he'd stop on a branch for just enough time to get an out of focus picture that was usually too dark.







Bugus flowerus is more common and usually is accompanied by a condition in humans called mosquitus bitus.

6 comments:

  1. The little yellow bird is sweet.

    I was a bit nervous sending Steven to camp because he's just 11, but Scott took good care of him. They came home with sunburns, mosquito bites, stinky clothes, and big smiles.
    If they did anything dangerous -- like lighting their shoes on fire -- they didn't tell me. Smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Their latin names, too! You are so smarticus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. flowerus yellowus! Holy cow! I've been looking for some of those! You're so lucky. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your command of the classical names is astounding, but if I'd read Heather's comment first I probably wouldn't have fed your ego any more about that particular quality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great pictures! And getting the birds to hold still! It's almost as hard as getting Noah to smile and pose! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures of the flowers and birds are great, but where are the pictures of Steven? Is this a cleverus coverupus for what was really happening with the firecrackerus at scout camp?

    ReplyDelete