Thursday, April 15, 2010

Easter Eggs

What is it about decorating Easter Eggs that makes me feel like a full-blown artist. My visual art credentials up to this point in my life consist of "can draw a mostly straight line."

And yet every time we get the cups and dye out, I feel like I may as well be painting the Sistine Chapel.

Notable first:
Thomas is our first two-year-old that didn't drink the dye water. (Eww)

Recommendation:
If you don't want to be wearing glitter on Easter Sunday, forget the glitter pack in the dye kit.











Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on this one! This year our egg dying happened on the fly and I still got out tape and made stripes and cut out bunny shapes and stuff. I guess even the least of us needs an artistic outlet. And a year is a long time for build up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to agree...you always had quite the knack of egg decorating. It was so exciting if I found one of your eggs in the hunt. There were definitely the coolest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't on the subject of eggs but I need Mary's expert gardening advice. I'm not a gardener and every spring buy some pre-potted plants from Home Depot that look really good the way someone else planted them! It says to water them "daily" but how much does that mean? I don't know if it's still a little too cold at night for them, but they don't look so pretty anymore and I think I might be over watering them! Advice please!

    ReplyDelete