Thursday, June 30, 2011

North Salt Lake Three Kings Bicycle Race

North Salt Lake has a fantastic bike race for the mentally insane. On Saturday 6/25, 40+ bicyclists took to the east bench of NSL to race the Three Kings. 3K races up a series of hills through grades that are between 12 and 20%. This year I was invited to fly circles around the cyclists and snap some pictures in a helicopter. Fantastic!

Although we made the neighbors (and the golfers) cranky, it was a well-organized event and a great race.
















3 comments:

  1. Wow, those are really cool pictures!! I can't imagine participating in the race though! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've still never been on a helicopter and now you've been twice. no fair.

    Nice pictures though! Seems like that would be pretty tricky with the moving around and a big zoomy lens and everything. Good job!

    ReplyDelete