So we packed our three little kids into our blue van and drove the 4.3 lightyears to Goblin Valley. The first night we were there a hurricane-force wind accompanied by a microburst sheered our tent poles and we slept moist for most of the trip.
I had pretty good memories from the trip, but I wasn't sure our little kids remembered much. Imagine my surprise when in January Anna mentioned how fun the trip was and suggested we do it again. I talked to Mary who talked to Patti who talked to David (who's always in for a good time) and things started rolling. Nine years, eleven months, and three weeks after our first trip to Goblin Valley, we found ourselves back ironically at the exact same camping spot.
As I was looking through the pictures, I found some similarities (and more than just that I was wearing the exact same hat Millie Tesch gave me.)
Steven looks pretty much exactly the same
Except now his name is Tommy.
Becca has pretty much the same hair
Except now it's on Mimi's head
Anna . . .
. . . is still wearing a hat.
Lucas straddled the slot canyon walls and you can barely even tell which one is from 2003 and which one is from 2013. Give it a try.
His legs might be a teensy bit longer in 2013
Coming soon - family photos, landscapes, and favorites.





Best post ever.
ReplyDelete