Monday, May 1, 2017

Missionary Letter #38

Wow it seems like this week has seemingly gone on forever. (Good forever not a bad forever)

As I am serving in Niagara currently and the weather is taking a turn for the absolute best we've been having a lot more unexpected events. People seem to be browsing the internet more about Mormons as we've received a 500% increase of media referrals (If it's a suggestion of previous weeks media referrals for you the calculation to find such a number was not very difficult)

A couple of brief events to outline our week.

We set up a bible study class at our new converts facilities (and as far as we know it'll be ok)

We ran into a catholic priest... It wasn't a bad experience but now I know what a few choice scriptures in the Book of Mormon were speaking of. The experience went like this--

Basic contact, hello we're missionaries for our church
the man stops us, "do you know there's only one church that has the authority to claim to be the church Jesus Christ set up?"

I looked at my companion and he gave me the smile that said "Good luck"

My testimony to him  didn't shake mountains (as there are no mountains in this part of Canada) or make this man want to be baptized, but the measure of success that I went by was that as we walked away he knew that we were disciples of Jesus Christ, and at the end of the day that's all that I really care about.

And that and afterwards me and my comp had a pretty good laugh about it, so that was fun. #theonlytruechurch


Thank you for all those that email me, if you haven't in a while, please do! I love you and want to hear from you!

LOVES!!!

Elder Wolford


No comments:

Post a Comment