Monday, May 29, 2017

Missionary Letter #40



Wowiee, I can't believe that this is the last week of the transfer. It's amazing how quickly times seems to whizz by when you forget about it.

In other news we had not one, but two firesides this past week. Something that I've never had the opportunity to do before.

It.
Was.
AWESOME!

First off the two firesides worked in tandem. Both of them were about conversion and bettering ourselves through a deeper commitment of Jesus Christ. It was certainly was a very busy two days. I'm still in "There's a lot to plan for mode" so my companion has to remind me that our events are over so I can stop checking my watch every thirty seconds. I did the math and if I check my watch every thirty seconds (dis-including times when I'm not wearing it) is about 1500 (rounded) per day. If extended over a period of a year or so this will result in checking my watch approximately 525,600 times, which means I'll come back being lopsided because my watch arm will be twice as big as my other one. It also means with that with that arm I'll be able to lift cars or something.

We also ran into a guy from England, something that happens relatively frequently here. I asked him if I ever go to England if I wear a Canadian pin if I'll be treated better and he said 'a thousand times yes' in his posh accent. It was pretty epic (the moral of the story is 'be a Canadian, or if you can't, just pretend to be one')

I love you all so much, have a great memorial day!

Elder Wolford

No comments:

Post a Comment