Monday, June 12, 2017

Missionary Letter #42

On a totally random note I searched the phrase "and it came to pass" and it appears nearly 1500 times, (Alma takes the cake with over 400 of them)

This week we had the very excited opportunity to go about and contact a very solid amount of media referrals. Something I always love about media referrals is that they're (almost) always expecting you to come and deliver what you they had requested, so they can't run away (BWHAHAHA!)

I'll be totally honest though I've been feeling a little sick this week, we can't figure out if it's allergies or just a cold but luckily the members have rallied behind us in a frenzy of home-made cures and doterra! My breath has never smelled more like lemon oil in my life (not that I'm complaining)

The best thing to happen though was that I got the opportunity to read the Riccardi letter, for any missionaries or RM's I would highly recommend this letter. It's about an Italian elder who literally has no fear, and his greenie rights about how his life was  changed by this elder. It's been mentioned in MTC talks and in general conference.

We had a very sobering experience to bless a sister as she was about to die. It was very sudden, something that no one saw coming but her son gave us a call up and asked us to come. He never came to church, but he always came to seminary, and so at his request we gave her one last blessing. The spirit was very strong and as we walked out I felt a peace that has only come over me when I've  had the opportunity to be with someone before they're about to pass along. The veil is thinner than ever in those quiet and precious moments.

I hope that you all have a fantastic week!

Elder Wolford

No comments:

Post a Comment