Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Missionary Letter #45

Sorry about not telling you about P-Day on Monday, that's because it was a long weekend for Canada Day

This week!

It seems like this entire transfer has gone by in a blur, one day I'm planning for week 1 and in the next I'm in week 5. If it gets any faster I'll have to check my planner and see if my comp is pulling out sections for some malicious missionary reason.

So I told you this story in my video but I'll give you some more in-depth details here. Consider this the unabridged version.
First off is that about the end of last transfer we hit a mission drought. It's something that hits nearly every missionary in our mission and in area's like our mission.  It is where the work in the area just seems to die as far as teaching is concerned. It's usually when the most growth occurs because it's when you push so hard for success. Which is what we were trying to do, so after a week of gruelling, monotonous work we were getting ready  to head out once again around 7:30 when we get a call from the Stoney Creek Elders (who are absolutely fantastic in every way, Elder Mowser and I have some fantastic talks about deep doctrine)  who tell us that they have a referral for us...

Me: Oh tempt me tempt me do tell
Them: Well his name is Adam Arsenal
(That's what I heard over the phone anyways. Think about it though, Adam Arsenal would be a perfect superhero (or villian) name)
Me: Alright where, what and when?
Them: Crystal Beach, a Book of Mormon, today...
Me: (whimper) alright,

I whimper because this is how far it is from our place to Crystal Beach.




This about sums it up

Anyways despite that we went and met him and had a fantastic time talking about his family and about God and religion. It was such a joyful experience for me because for some time I thought that I wasn't going to see anymore success in Niagara, so I'm grateful the Lord has once again proved me wrong.

Anyways I hope you all have a fantastic day!

Love,

Elder Wolford







No comments:

Post a Comment