Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Missionary Letter #50 (and video!!!!)





So this week we had a couple of exciting things happen.

1  We do weekly service at a place called PAL, which is a retirement home for the previous artists, comedians, and actors of the last generation (super nice place, I don't know how the previous missionaries got in, must be a miracle) anyways they invited us to serve an extra day this last week because they needed help doing a barbecue on the rooftop. (also super nice) anyways the residents mostly complained the whole time because it was hot and the food wasn't to their liking but we had a fantastic time. (It also has a super nice view of the CN tower) Like super nice.

2. In district meeting I got blindfolded and led around the gym. It was a presentation but here's the funny thing, Elder Callister (related to the general authority) was the voice I was supposed to follow, but if he stopped talking for five seconds I couldn't tell who was who, because his companion was so similar, so I got in a couple of tough spots but I made it. (Also don't let anyone tell you otherwise it is incredibly difficult to shoot a basketball blindfolded.

3. I had the funniest interview of my life with the Mission President, I'll spare you the details but it just affirmed to me that leadership is inspired.

4. Don't ask me why but for every investigator it seems like the first time they come to church is always on Fast and Testimony meeting. This week I had one of the more... interesting fast and testimony meetings but hey it's good to know that the church is true, and that the investigators that came had an uplifting time.

Anyways I've sent a video but ignore the part where I rebuke my family :) They've shared more information now and I'm content now.

Also, the life lesson this week is that make sure you have your keys before you walk out of the room with your keys and your bus pass, it is very important.
The Spiritual lesson for me this week is that we don't need to be perfect to achieve the Lord's work. I have found myself caught in a conundrum where I think I need to achieve perfection before I can do the Lord's work, not true. To quote Elder Jeffery R. Holland, "With the exception of his Only Begotten Son, imperfect people are all that our Father's ever had to work with. It must be terribly frustrating for Him but He deals with it..."  And so should we, for ourselves and for others.

Anyways I hope and pray that you've had a wonderful week full of merriment and such.

Also the word of the day is meandered.

LOVES!!!

Elder Wolford








No comments:

Post a Comment