Thursday, August 31, 2017

Missionary Letter #53

I have a confession to make, I have been sick.

It's been terrible. Don't ever get sick. You think you don't smell like a sick person but in reality you do. Especially when it's so crippling that thinking about your own name gives you a headache (also headache sounds so petite compared to how I felt, I think a better term would be headcompressor)

Luckily I have prayed and gotten over it, with the aid of the mission's insurance card (which was awesome, I walked into the doctors office and was like. "Yeah I need to see the doctor, and I'm an American." and the little asian ladies at the desk were like , "130$ just to see doctor." and I said "I've got an insurance card," and they said "We don't take those' and I threw it down and they looked at it in awe and said "We take that.")

Apparently the only other people who use the insurance the church uses is NHL players. So I was treated very well. I told the Doctor I thought I had strep, she said she didn't think so, took a swab and tested it and then came back and told me I did have strep...

So I've since gotten over it, but it's been a long recovery process, I finally told my companion that we needed to go and do something because if I followed that doctors orders for another minute I was going to lose my mind, so we went out and had some great missionary experiences, we talked to this guy named Davis for probably twenty minutes on the street about his relationship with God. Super fun, great guy.


Anyways, now to transfer news, I'm staying, and bringing a greenie to the field. I'm so excited. I've told President I wanted to train for so long and now finally I'm going to!!! Honestly I can't wait for this transfer, I haven't even met who my new guy is but I'll be sure to send plenty of pictures next week so you all can see my son :)

I hope all ya'll have a great week.

Loves

Elder Wolford

No comments:

Post a Comment