Alright well this week I totally did not expect what I thought was going to happen. Usually I have the gift of prophecy when I try to plan my week out, this week my gift was taken away. Maybe it'll come back this week... Hopefully.
So first off: We're moving apartments... Ain't much more than that, it's been super chaotic, I don't know if you've ever tried to move places without a car. It stinks, but luckily we recruited the YSA elders (with the promise of pizza-schwarma afterwards(Which has probably got some super addictive drug in it because its soooooooo good) ) to help us, and they have a car. I'm not sure about the math but it makes things way easier than taking a bus and then walking with everything.
So then the senior couple missionary came to inspect the old apartment, and right as they did the Blue Angels began an airshow over Toronto. We couldn't resist. It was super cool, especially because the Elder that came was hugely into jets and airplanes. I asked him if he planned it, because it seemed woefully fortuitous to be in the exactly right place to see a fantastic airshow... He said no but I still wonder...
On top of that we've had three members come up to us and ask us to help them move. Which has been just added confusion on top of confusion. I maintain the position however, that it needed to happen to get a better relationship with the ward members.
So after all this I still wanted to take my new companion, Elder Emery, out and work. Luckily we had a few appointments with new and potential investigators. The first was amazing, but, as seems to be my luck, was twenty five... YSA... The second was absolutely out of it, maybe a little high and probably more than a little drunk, also YSA... I won't say I was happy to hand them off but I think it'll be good for both of them. More good things :)
After that we talked to a lot of crazy people and a guy with a pit bull. We didn't ask the guys name but we did ask about his dog (I love using the dog to contact, it's such an easy in) and learned the dogs name was Odis (I wanted to ask if he knew a Mido...) but we had a good chat with him and his friend about missionaries and about what we do and our testimonies. Super great day, and to end it off we got an awesome thunderstorm. Lightning flashing literally every thirty seconds, I had so much fun :)
It's been a good week, we're working hard and having a blast. I'll send more pictures later (my device to send them has been misplaced..... but I promise I'll be better :)
Loves and have a great week
Elder Wolford
No comments:
Post a Comment