Well we're almost done, we've still got to move all the furniture out and stuff, but that's been pushed off until this next thursday so I don't need to worry about that until then.
Anyways this week was wonderful. We talked to so many people this week. So many... Which was good, we also got a dinner appointment with our High Priest Group Leader. I'd never been to his house before so this was kind of a big step for us for getting a good relationship with the ward. However we didn't know his apartment number so when we got there a couple of things happened.
First off, we noticed it was a really nice apartment building, like reeeally nice.
Second, these two men at the front desk greeted us. Just to help your understanding they wore all black and when we approached we asked if we could see the Haddocks.
They looked at us, raised their hand and pushed a button that opened the double doors leading to the elevator with the elegant sentence of. "Ah yes the... ah... missionaries yes, the Haddocks are expecting you."
Never before have I felt so much like a VIP, I don't know what they're paying those guys but they should double it, they're good.
Besides that we've found a couple of places in the city where it's effective to put ESL posters (English Second Language) so we've done that as well. That's one of the things we do just while we're in the area and have our tape with us so we can put it down. This guy came up to us and complimented us on putting posters up... Not sure what religion he was from but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the same because after he looked at the poster he scowled a bit and walked away.... We thought it was fun.
I hope all ya'll have a fantastic week, I don't know if you're getting fall down there but we're getting it up here. Loves!
Elder Wolford
No comments:
Post a Comment