Monday, September 25, 2017

Missionary Letter #57

Sunday be commandment is to be a day of rest...

Yesterday was not that day for us .

We'd been praying the whole week that we'd find someone ready to be baptized. Or that the Lord would change someone's heart to be willing to be baptized. We worked our guts out, which included this precious experience.

On the subway after a long day we were exhausted. I didn't feel like talking to anyone because there were so many and I didn't really know where to begin. So I looked around and this guy turned and he was wearing a Doctor Who shirt.

That was all the in I needed and said, "Doctor Who Fan?"

He was british, "yeah."

"David Tennant?"

"Of course."

We had the greatest conversation after that, he didn't commit to anything but he did believe  a little more in Jesus Christ at the end of it, and that's really what I was going for.

So Sunday rolls around and our investigator committed to baptism after an awesome lesson. Sitting in Elders Quorem I am pulled aside by a spanish member saying "there are two non-members looking for a tiny korean"

My last companion was the tiny Korean. So I walked and there are two people I've never seen before. Jasper and Princess, they've never come to church but were being taught by the missionaries ages ago. They loved it, and after we set an appointment and it was a great reminder to me that God is a God of miracles. I get pumped just thinking about it :)

Anyways I love all ya'll and hope you have a fantastic week, remember Jesus loves you!

Ciao

Elder Wolford

No comments:

Post a Comment