Seems like a multitude of prayers were answered this week. For the past little while the weather has been dropping like a falling anvil and we've busted out our winter coats. I presumed (to my own disadvantage) that as transfers were coming this last Sunday that I would be getting my winter things back out.
I'll refrain from telling what I'd hoped would happen this transfer and instead tell you all what my dear father wanted this transfer. Here are a few excepts from his letters
"When are the next transfers? Are you ready to go to the great white north for winter?"
"When do you get transferred to the great white north? "
"Hope you're enjoying your new area. Big cities are super fun. I also hope this sets you up to the coldest area in your mission for the winter. It would be super cool to go up north when it's forty below. You'd have stories for the rest of your life. "One time it was so cold my snot froze!" Deacons love that when you're in the young men's presidency."
I could go on but instead let me confirm. I am indeed going to the great white north for winter. You can actually see my next area from space. Here it is
So if you carefully examine you'll see that the north pole is where Hudson's Bay meets with the Icy River of Leif Erikson and travels down through where all the Canadian Maple Trees pump out the elixir of life- maple syrup. If you look you'll see a little mark of green, that's my area.
Oh you don't see it?
How bout now?
Yes, that light green birthmark is my next area. From downtown Toronto to the North Pole. I'll have to learn how to drive again in sub-zero temperatures while hail the size of baseballs fall from the sky of northern lights. Upside, there are northern lights this time of year so that should be really cool to see. And also I get a series of nice heaters in order to keep from becoming a Wolford popsicle.
Besides the frozen north we did baptize two of our investigators this week. TWO! The service went wonderfully and the spirit was so powerful. It was probably the best baptism I've ever gone to. It was really good, everyone had a good time and the missionary that first found one of the guys being baptized came, which really was sweet for him.
Any questions for Temiskaming?
Loves
Elder Wolford






No comments:
Post a Comment