Monday, November 27, 2017

Missionary Letter #64

Journal Entry 153: My life seems to be a church themed version of Ice Age. Pretty sure my companion is actually a saber tooth tiger that's leading me somewhere... Reasons are uncertain.

I'm only mostly joking... mostly.

Temiskaming is not only one of the farthest points north of the mission. It's a compilation of a dozen small towns. From Cobolt to Temiskaming to Kirtland Lake. The travel time from each of these varies on if we need to get the sled dog team out or not.

Besides that it's pretty peachy. Nice and warm. On the way up it went from no snow at all to half a foot then to two feet in about 1 hour. Probably one of the most gorgeous drives you can take if you're not bored by a whole day of driving North. Slowly bumping the heater up in the car and putting on extra layers.

The branch is nice. I forgot how much I missed serving in a branch. Where you know everyone's names within the first week and it's pretty easy to keep everyone straight. It's a fun little group, it avoids the pitfall traps that wards frequently fall into, the big one being that awkward silence during a teacher's lesson in Sunday School. When you've got only five people in Elders Quorum everyone needs to comment.

Besides that I know that the recent missing of pictures has the fan base in a  "crucify him!" kind of feel but I promise that pictures are forthcoming, I've misplaced my camera charger (again, I've got to put a tracker on it, because that cord disappears more frequently than my nametags)

Loves!

Elder Wolford

No comments:

Post a Comment