Monday, June 11, 2018

Missionary Letter #88

This week we have been busy. The good kind of busy. We're planning this upcoming Saturday to attend two baptisms (both in Mandarin) and the week after we're baptizing another (in English). I'll be honest when I got to this area it didn't seem like much would be happening here. People were willing to be baptized but they faced obstacles that were far greater than those of other invastigators  I had taught.

The biggest trial for all of these people being their family. It's a trial that I would never want to have, to chose between the church and family. Thankfully we've confirmed with the families and they will be attending but I can't help but wonder on how far they've come. For example when I came to the area baptizing Min was something that would have taken years to accomplish due to her husband being hesitant. However now she's being baptized. Another investigator, Gena, has been coming and attending church for five years. We thought she never would have the opportunity to be baptized due to legal complexities, but yesterday we had the baptisimal interview. It went so good and afterwards she was like--

"So I can get baptized tomorrow right?"

She knows this church is true, and that's the reason that right now for her in her life God made a way for her to recieve baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost.

That being said yesterday was a looooong day. I hardcore feel for anyone that has to go to church at 8:00 and leaves at 4:00. That's not an easy gig and through the whole experience you're just exhausted. The Spirit just tires you out after being apart of spiritual experiences all throughout that day.

I'm so excited for these next two weeks. Planning a baptism is stressful but it's the good type of stressful.

Loves,
Elder Wolford


No comments:

Post a Comment