Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Missionary Letter #89

Once again I find myself at the end of the transfer. Time's flown by in Mississauga and I've had a lot of fun as I've been teaching (and baptizing) here. I'll be honest my greatest fear for this, my last transfer, was changing area's. Partially because that would mean I have to pack up all my things and have no motivation to unpack them until August 2nd.

Thankfully I'm staying in Mississauga for another transfer, we did get a call last night but I'm not losing Elder Lokatama, instead we're going to be follow-up training another Chinese elder. #Tripanforthewin

Besides that though, we had a baptism this week!!! Min Zhang was a chinese investigator found in english class. She has been in Canada for about two months and despite numerous oppositions she got baptized this past Saturday. It was amazing. The ward we baptized her in had two mandarin speakers (both of whom served their missions in Taiwan) we worked closely with them both but leading up to the baptism we felt like attendance would be pretty low.

Lo and behold, we had a great turnout. Even though people in the ward couldn't understand everything that was said they came and invited Min to the ward. It was a miracle.

Besides that last week we went on a hike with a few of the other missionaries up north in Georgetown. Funnest, Hike, EVER! Really when I say hike I mean we found a small creek running through and followed it all the way up a large hill. Afterwards some awesome members helped us out and made hot dogs. We had five missionaries there who were going home next (now this) week. It felt like a good closing activity for their remaining time in the CTM.

Besides that, I love you all. God Bless and keep trekking on!

Elder Wolford






No comments:

Post a Comment