MY LAST WEEK IN THE CCM AM I EXCITED YES AM I READY PROBABLY NOT BUT HEY ITS COOL
mexico is trying to kill us. last week there was the most INSANE rainstorm I had ever seen. The streets were flooded, in some places up to our thighs! It was SO FUN I COULDNT STOP LAUGHING. this week an excavator hit an electrical line, so we went without power for a while. (in a spanish to english translation mix up, the translator accidentally told us someone had jumped the fence surrounding the MTC. I don´t know how those two things translate similarly but it was very funny ahahaha)
mexico: 2
americans: 0
Hermana McGee is known here as the girl with the spider bite (obvi) --- missionaries we´ve never met will say, "wait, you´re the one who got bit??". unfortunately it got infected again. we now call the clinic our "home away from home" because we´re their best customers. we go in, chat with the receptionist and ask for "the usual".
here i´m known for my "not today satan" shirt. The latinos especially get a kick out of it hahaha. I like to tell my missionary friends that if you take out one word from it, it´s still funny. "not today", "today satan" and "not satan" ahhahaha. too good.
I´ll be sad to leave my latino friends knowing I´ll probably never see them again ESPECIALLY my teacher HERMANA LEYVA. I love her SO SO much. i tear up just thinking about it. she said she´d invite me to her wedding in a few years tho so my hermanas and i are thinkin GIRLS TRIP ;))
nobody in my district is going to my mission which makes me sad. they´re LITERAL FAMILY. To say goodbye, Elder Z has drawn each of us our favorite temple. I´ll send mine. It´s absolutely incredible.
cool spiritchal thing I already sent to my mom: this past week I was assigned to give a talk in spanish in sacrament meeting. in the middle of the night i woke up kind of groggily with my talk on my mind and this random experience that i hadn´t thought about in YEARS popped in my head. I swear, I heard a voice in my head say, "write it down" and in an instant I became wide awake. I kept one foot on my bed (lol) and lunged for my notebook and scribbled down some words then fell right back to sleep. When I woke up, I attempted to translate my chicken scratches and I realized I had written a story that went in a completely different direction than what i had initially planned for my talk. I scrapped my old talk and started over with this story. Despite my nerves, the talk ended up coming together wonderfully. I don´t know why I was prompted to share that story but it was crazy to recognize the Spirit guiding my life.
I´ve only been out six weeks and I already can´t imagine my life without my mission. I have grown so SOOOO much spiritually. This is seriously such an important work and I´m so blessed to be apart of it.
next email I´ll be in TEXASSS WOOOOOTTTTTT!!!
I love you all!!!
Hna Anna Wolford

No comments:
Post a Comment