HELLO FROM GOOD OL' DENTON TEXAS
let's start off with a quick missionary jargon lesson, shall we?
to "die" on your mission: to go home
to "kill" your companion: you're their last companion before they go home
to "bible-bash"/"bash": to argue with the bible in order to prove someone's beliefs wrong
TEXAS IS EVERYTHING I DREAMED IT WOULD BE - it's big, southern hospitality, it's big, southern accents, it's big, cowboy boots, and IT'S BIG.
My trainer is Hermana Nielsen from Seattle, Washington. This is her LAST transfer before going home which means that I'll kill her heh heh. She's great and filled to the brim with lots of nuggets of wisdom. We are the exact same height and weight but I have blonde hair and she has brown so we decided I'm the pink princess and she's the blue princess from Barbie Princess and the Pauper. (see pic of us in our colors;))
Spanish is coming along! Some people in the ward speak only spanish, some only english, and some speak english but tell me to speak spanish back to them. SOON ILL BE SPEAKIN LIKE A NATIVE
MY FIRST LESSON AS A MISSIONARY AND I GOT BASHED AHAHAHA:
Hermana Nielsen and I had planned on teaching Pedro and Carmen the first discussion. I was SO prepared and so excited, yes yes! We invited Hermano Benavides and his RM daughter Jessica from the ward to come along.
The first part of the lesson was AMAZING! The Spirit was so strong, and they were very receptive to our lesson. About halfway through, their adult son Eduardo walked through and invited him to sit down and listen. After about 2 minutes, he left and came back with his bible. I was like, "eeekk yes another investigator!" WRONG.
Eduardo lit us UP. He had come prepared as well. Anything we said, he'd cut us off mid sentence and share a scripture about how we were wrong. The Benavides' know SO much about the gospel and would rebut his scriptures with others, but there was SO MUCH contention, the Spirit was not there.
Finally, Hermana N and I interrupted the arguing and bore testimony. After, sweet Carmen said something like, "We always knew you girls were good girls. We know God sends people in other path for a reason."
AND I KID YOU NOT EDUARDO SAID,
"The devil sends people in our path too"
HE SAID WE WERE SENT FROM SATAN AHAHAHAHAHAHA.
It's SUPER hilarious now!! But not so much at the time.
don't tell my mom, but I definitely cried the whole way home.
BUT YOU KNOW WHAT
I didn't come out on the mission thinking it would be a piece of cake. I knew what I was signing up for.
plus, missions are hard! and I haven't been here longer than a week!!!
Isn't it crazy that the Lord entrusts the most important work of the ETERNITIES to a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds?
In all honesty, I don't know much. But I know these things to be true: God answers prayers. The Savior died for us all. Joseph Smith was a prophet. The Book of Mormon is true. I can be with my family forever.
If you are questioning any of those things, ask the missionaries!!
Acts 5:41-42
all my love,
Hna Anna Wolford
3232 N Locust St, Apt 1114
Denton, Texas 76201
Texas Fort Worth Mission
1331 Airport Fwy Ste 305
Euless, TX 76040-4150



No comments:
Post a Comment