Monday, October 24, 2016

Missionary Letter #12 - Lame Halloween Costume

Last week it was wonderful. The sky was blue, the birds and small fluffy woodland creatures were singing and dancing and the sun was smiling down upon us with its rays of warmth. This week was a little different. And when I say a little I mean that because the weather up here has been so weird the sky is now permanently gray, the birds and small creatures are all either dead or frozen and for all we know the sun's gone out.  But in terms of success it's been AWESOME!!! Turns out when you knock on someone's door they feel a tad more sympathy for you when it's cold and windy.

Seriously though this week was a power week. The Lord has seen fit in his infinite mercy to send the prepared our way. Our Zone Leader called us up and was like, "Elders, I don't know what we're starting to do right but the whole zone is starting to see more success, keep up the good work"

I must admit I felt a wonderful sense of accomplishment at that. Which was immediately shot down because it wasn't my ability or accomplishments that helped us. The only thing that changed is that we worked harder and asked that the Lord would accept our efforts. I'm reminded of Ammon when he says " I boast in my God!" I find the more I study about the sons of Mosiah and Alma that my diligence is increasing because I want to invite people to know the truth just like they did.

I don't know if you remember but we're teaching someone who believes in some interesting proposals. He came to church for the first time in twenty years yesterday!!! He has admitted he needs to be coming back to learn and grow and we're so happy. He's really blended in quite well with the branch members. He was so happy afterwards and felt like he was apart of something. I remember emailing MaryElla and she mentioned that by coming to church everything else kind of resolves itself. It's true!!!

As far as Halloween goes we've been invited to judge the trunk or treat event this upcoming week. I think they plan to bribe us... I don't know but if we do show I hope there will be some investigators there. Also for those who didn't guess I am dressing up as a missionary for Halloween.  As far as I know I think everyone in our zone is dressing up as one...

Anyways feel free to have fun, take it a step at a time and sing a song.

Elder Wolford



No comments:

Post a Comment