General Conference Weekend!!!
There seems to be one popular questions circling around my inbox. What was my favorite talk. Honestly I left my notes back at the apartment under a stack of pass-along cards but the one that stuck out to me most of all was Elder Bednar's talk. Something about the way he speaks of Christ makes me feel so close to him. A lot of my questions about how to get closer to Christ were answered there. There were a lot of really good messages though, and was humbled deeply by quite a few of them (luckily it was the good type of humble not the Job kind of humble). One of my favorite suggestions to improve my BoM study was to read it as if I was Joseph Smith translating it for the first time. It's increased my testimony after one day of doing it. I can't wait to get my hands on the talks from General Conference so I can study and ponder the words of prophets.
A lot has happened to ya'll in the past week. A broken thumb, a few birthday's and a pass-around baby. Nothing very new is happening up here, although the sky has taken on a continuous gray hue as winter descends. It's funny because the people up here are like "It was so dry this summer" and me and my companion just laugh to each other about that. It is getting cold up here, which is awesome because I just didn't enjoy the icy cold enough.
Oh great I'm writing about the weather...
The really great thing is we got to go to the Brampton Ontario Temple. Which is wonderful because it's been a few months since I've got to go. So I needed that spiritual refreshment. It's always fun to go to an endowment session.
I have something to admit to... While we've been out here I've taught a new convert who has one great hobby... Crochet... Yes that is correct, my man card is under questions as both me and my companion compete viciously to complete our scarfs for the winter. It's an intense, high paced and action packed race that we both wish we hadn't gotten ourselves into. If anyone has an addiction help program for yarn and needles I would plead with you to send it to us. We need it.
We've got a new Zone Leader after this last transfer. Which is awesome except for the fact that the only other person that loved Sanderson novel's was the ZL that left. So it's a good/bad kind of thing.
I don't know if I've shared this yet by Canadians do have Thanksgiving, however it's in October instead of November. Which is awesome because that means we get a day of pure gluttony and then a week later we get an unimaginable amount of candy... (Elder McDonald is telling me that we don't get to trick or treat, which I don't think is a rule in the Missionary Handbook but I'll have to check ;)
You're all in my heart and in my prayers. I hope that something I say will at least provide a slight ray of joy for you. The wonder and joy you give me each week is something Iook forward too.
You have more power to do good than you know.
Elder Wolford
No comments:
Post a Comment