Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Steven's Missionary Email #10 - Playoff Baseball

Just a shout-out to Tommy's primary class, I enjoyed reading the letters you sent me, they made me feel like I was an all-star :)
Shout-out to Oma for getting me info on Porter Rockwell and sending me blog-posts. I LOVE YOU OMA!!!

Shout-out to Jim and Erin for the gifs, they're awesome.
Shout-out to my mission buddy Sister Lilly Dixon
and finally a shout out to you (yes you) for being a child of a Heavenly King, keep up the good work!

This week was an absolutely wonderful week. Not because something incredible happened. Not because there was a wonderful investigator (although there was one) and not because everything just seemed to work out. It was quite the opposite. This was a week that I like to call the 'shove week'. Let's compare the work of building the Kingdom of God to a stone being rolled. This week it seemed no matter how hard we pushed against that rock it just wouldn't move. Every day was rough, hard and difficult. I loved it.

Every day as things were getting harder and the burden just too heavy to bare I found the simple, tender mercies of the Lord sufficient. A day of bombed appointments was overshadowed by a wonderful street contact, an seemingly unproductive day was followed by the sweet sense of accomplishment from the Lord, and a tired and upset attitude replaced by one of thanks and gratitude for how the Lord has blessed me. I am indeed fortunate to be here, and my heart fills with love and gratitude to all of you who have given such wonderful examples to me through your kindness and faith.

When we sacrifice something to the Lord we are not giving something up, we are preparing ourselves to receive greater and eternal blessings. I know this to be true because I have felt His love made manifest to me every day.

A couple of questions have continued to pop up and I think it's about time I answered them.
The Canadians love baseball, and more specifically the BlueJays. We can start a conversation with nearly any male over the age of six about how awesome it is that the BlueJays slaughtered the Rangers, and how they are going to win this year. Although I'm sure as soon as hockey season starts up we'll need to switch up our contacting methods. You can't really play baseball in the rain (or at least the pro's don't, according to what I've heard. I haven't really seen them play so....)
So as every missionary comes home with a team he cheers for this one is mine, the BlueJays (enter thunderous applause).

The best thing about my week was teaching a new investigator. The worst was waking up one morning and it was just above freezing because the furnace hadn't been turned on. Let me tell you our work-out that morning was intense, I don't think I've ever lifted so much in my life.

In climatic conclusion take care of yourselves, and like I said before keep up the good work. No effort is ever wasted.

Elder Wolford

No comments:

Post a Comment