So, preview about what Lindsay is. I've had (I believe I've mentioned this previously) quite the plethora of companions who have served in Lindsay in the past. They talked about the area, the member, the people, the work and I was really excited to come here. The usually stress of leaving an area to come to a new one was completely gone.
Also, for the second time on my mission, I'm serving with someone that I new before I began serving with him. Elder Wilkins, who's a stud, I was his district leader back in Toronto and so we're pretty tight. At the beginning of my mission I served near Lindsay, so it's great to come back and see the same kind of area.
Anyways so we're going out and about trying to find people to teach (talking to them on the streets) and it's pouring down rain. We've got an hour left of our day and our goal was to hand out one more book of mormon. We walk for at least an hour until it's time to start walking home for curfew, as we do we turn and this guy walks up to us. He's like 'hey, you boys live down by the Tim Hortons' and we were like, 'yeah, kind of' (because there's so many Tim Hortons around in Canada you could say yes and be in thirteen different parts in the city) So he tells us he met with the elders before and takes the book of mormon. We exchange numbers and head back home.
It was awesome to be out and about, especially when it's raining like that. It makes every experience all the better to tell later.
Loves
Elder Wolford
It was raining so hard my glasses were about as clear as mud. The picture looks pretty good though :)

No comments:
Post a Comment