Friday, January 29, 2010

Cran-White Chocolate Cookie Recipe

Every Christmas time my sister, Katie, brings us an enormous plate of homemade Christmas cookies, candies, and chocolates. It really is amazing. I'd show a picture, but usually the kids have started eating it before I get the camera out:)

After we have enjoyed her efforts, Katie takes an informal poll of our favorites so she can save those recipes for the next year. While all of the goodies are divine, my favorite every year is the cranberry white chocolate cookie. Mmmmm. This is the perfect cookie because it freezes well and is a crowd-pleaser.

I'm not sure where Kate got the recipe, but I hope she doesn't mind me posting it to share:

Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
Yield: about 3.5 dozen

1C butter, softened
2/3 C sugar
1/2 t vanilla extract
2C all purpose flour
1-3T water
3/4 pkg dried cranberries
3/4 pkg white chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla, flour and enough water so the dough sticks together when scooped. Mix in cranberries and chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 for 14 minutes.
When cooled, melt some white chocolate chips in the microwave with 1t. shortning. Drizzle on top of the cookies.
Yummy.

6 comments:

  1. I'M FAMOUS!! Thanks for the shout out. It really is an awesome recipe and I use it every year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this recipe Mary! We at the Gov's office LOVE LOVE LOVE every thing you've ever made for us. I may or may not have eaten about 10 of these cookies. :)
    Thank you for sharing your recipe collection and talent for cooking!
    - Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have personally sampled hundreds of these cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were the cookies you brought on Christmas, right? D - VINE !!!

    ReplyDelete