Monday, April 24, 2017

Missionary Letter #33

So this week I picked up my new companion Elder Robinson, he's a native of Cedar City (and we already established that we know none of the same people) but it's really fun to serve with him because he knows where everything is in South Utah.

We had an interesting stake conference this week. One of our new converts came to us before the broadcast began and said, "Hey what's all the food in the gym for?"

I was super excited to think that for the first time in my life we were going to have steak after stake conference.

But lo and behold, (it wasn't steak). Instead we learned that a baptism for a child of record was happening that day after the conference and that we were invited. So after frantically filling the font and grabbing the programs and getting everyone situated we had the baptism.
It was fantastic.
Afterwards we all went to the gym (where the previously mentioned food was) and we had a blast. The mother was Filipino  and as such there was a ton of food, ( which leftovers we were graciously willing to accept) and going to the father I complimented him on the baptism and said it was amazing.

I will never forget his reaction as he turned towards me with reverence and joy said, "That was perfect."

And it was perfect.

In my own mind that story is pretty hard to follow up so I'll close here.

Loves!

Elder Wolford

No comments:

Post a Comment