This was a fantastic week! Not only did we have the wonderful opportunity to hear from the prophets and apostles but we also had a manhunt out for us...
....I can explain.
After I talk about General Conference a little bit, just to build tension and get the facts established.
So I would love to pick a favourite talk but I loved a lot of them. President Utchdorf's and Eyrings made my super pumped during priesthood session to go out and magnify my calling like the Hubble Telescope. Elder Hollands on the 'songs we cannot sing' made me feel both like a sinner and a saint, and President Nelson's was absolutely fantastic.
To get everyone hyped for this we sent huge amounts of texts reminding everyone when and where General Conference would be. Remember this as it's important to the story.
After the last session on Sunday closed we had pizza with a member. I must admit I've never had mushroom, pinapple, fried onion, pizza with gouda cheese sprinkled over the top. I believe the fact that her husband's form Belgium influcened that. Anyways we went home, got ready for bed and fell asleep. Nothing to abnormal accept for the fact that we didn't get any calls. Which isn't frequent but irregular.
We wake up the next morning ( #PDAY!!!! ) and get ready to go about doing things. We check the phone, nothing on there. So we go to email (Lo and behold that's where I am now) and open up our myldsmail accounts.
This is what we see.
Elder Cruz: Where are you guys is your phone dead?
Elder Martin: Where are you guys is your phone dead?
Elder Martin: Respond are you ok?
Elder Martin: What's going on?
Elder Martin: Are you dead?
Elder Cruz: We've called a few of the members and they can't get ahold of you either
Elder Cruz: Are you dead?
Apparently all those texts and messages we sent out blocked up the service on our phone and we couldn't receive anything any calls/texts or messages after that. We were literally in the dead zone.
We responded and got the whole thing sorted out before they called the cops. I learned a valuable lesson from it though, missionaries in the days of olde didn't have communication like we do. And despite the twenty year old flip phones we possess can survive a nuclear bomb they still help keep the work moving.
And make sure no one's died or something... That's nice too.
After that complex conundrum we've got a lot to reply to, but that just comes with the gig :)
I hope all y'all have a fantastic week, remember to not do drugs and stay in school!
Loves!
Elder Wolford
No comments:
Post a Comment