Saturday, July 25, 2009

July Sparklers

I swear when I was little sparklers lasted a lot longer. It seemed like you could light it, run all over the yard, get ideas about what things you could burn with it, make it half-way through a leaf, get yelled at, get kind of sick of holding it, and then it would burn out.

Now you barely have enough time to get it lit and walk to the middle of the lawn before it's already fizzling out. It does minimize the accidental walking into a glowing spent sparkler rod, but what fun are the July holidays if you don't have a burn scar on your cheek to show for them.



 




 




 




 



Posted by Picasa




Thanks to Sue for teaching me how to put a signature on my posts

Love Your Blog

7 comments:

  1. You are suffering from time compression. When you were ten you had been alive for 315569520 seconds
    so 30 seconds was .0000009% of your life. Compared to the 946708560 seconds of a thirty-year-old has lived 30 seconds is only .0000003% of their life. The solution is to buy more sparklers and connect them together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who did that second one? It looks like that gangsta graffiti downtown in Ogden. Better keep your eyes on that one.

    I like the smiley face too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right! They burn out so fast these days!! You should add that one of Mary writing "mom" with the sparkler. I love that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool pictures. I liked your description of doing sparklers as a kid, concluding with "getting sick of holding it"-- that's funny and true! John Paul has a point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, aaaaaaah, oooooh! I love these pics! Hope the new "job" is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your description of sparklers for us is so right. We used to run around the yard as fast as we could. You did NOT want to get caught on the scary side of the house when your sparkler went out.

    ReplyDelete