Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Football Game

Although I missed his first game because of a guard weekend, our family has brushed elbows with a pretty neat group of folks -- peewee football parents. Practices have been great - Steven comes home happy and exhausted every night.

Steven had to be to his first game an hour early - the game before went into overtime so he was nearly 90 minutes early. By the time the game started, Mary and the kids were hot and sunburned.

The kids had a great time looking for Steven in a sea of purple. I hounded Mary for details and she was pretty confused about "offense" and "defense," but I think Steven played line both ways and even had a tackle.











It's fun even if you get thumped





Lookit that stance!











That excitement from the peanut gallery was "static-electifying!"



A 20-6 win on a 101 degree August day. Go Steven!

5 comments:

  1. GO #64!
    Steven was great but the girls were crying by the end because it was so hot.
    I learned that to be a football parent you have to yell and cheer a lot, wear a purple shirt, and bring chairs, coolers, awnings, cameras, blankets, and enough Gatorade to kill a horse.

    Next week in Farmington!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Steven! Yay for you guys too- what troopers! Hopefully Farmington will have a little better weather! Let us know what time so we can drop by. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the green, static, shaded, peanut gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let us know which park and time of his games. We'd love to go. Steven looks good in purple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!!!! These pics are GREAT! Maybe I'll bring Lucas up one of these weeks to watch a game (we'll bring food, water, and sunblock). Steven is his hero.

    ReplyDelete